Five tips for choosing a dentist
- Know your dental health benefits. Your choice of dentist could be determined by your dental health plan.
- Ask others for recommendations.
- Factor in accessibility.
- Meet for a consultation.
- Evaluate the dentist after an appointment.
How do I choose a new dentist?
Doing your research when selecting a dentist who meets your needs is as important as selecting that perfect house that fits your lifestyle.
- Find a dentist with a good reputation.
- Check your state dental board.
- Interview your dentist.
- Ask friends and family about their dentist.
- 5. Make sure your dentist meets your needs.
What is a good dentist?
Compassion and honesty: A good dentist is also honest and compassionate. Dental problems can affect many areas of a person’s life, and dentists need to be sensitive to the problems caused by poor dental health. Having a compassionate attitude will help patients feel at ease and more comfortable seeking help.
What percentage of dentists are board certified?
Currently only 1 percent of general dentists have achieved this prestigious Board Certification status.
Is dental sedation safe?
How Safe Is Sedation Dentistry? There is always a risk in getting anesthesia. It is usually safe, though, when given by experienced dentists. However, certain people, such as those who are obese or who have obstructive sleep apnea, should talk to their doctor before having sedation.